Ultrasound and Echocardiograms
Dr. Lindsey Candy performs ultrasound and echocardiograms here at Magrane Pet Medical Center. She trained under Dr. Ron Doversberger and completed both intermediate abdominal and cardiac ultrasound through SOUND Academy of Veterinary Imaging and has 9 years of experience in veterinary medicine in the Michiana area. She is also experienced at performing ultrasounds of the eyes to help identify if a patient is a candidate for cataract surgery.
Obtaining the correct image and the experience interpreting it are all crucial to a meaningful diagnosis. His training in cardiac ultrasound spans courses in both human cardiac ultrasounds, and specific training in small animal cardiac disease and its diagnosis with ultrasound.
Our Biosound MyLab 40VETat MPMC has the following capabilities:
- Color Doppler – coloring the blood flow through the heart allows identification of regurgitation and other flow pathologies
- Pulse Wave Doppler – software that allows measurement of blood velocity, important in identification of areas of stenosis
- Tissue Enhancement Software – allows focusing of the sound waves to visualize even the largest canine heart
- Multi Frequency Probe – adjustable penetration frequency to enable high detail of small organs and cats
- High Quality Report Printing – reports supplied to referring veterinarians in succinct format.
This machine complements our Aloka 1400 ultrasound machine used for abdominal ultrasound. Dr. Doversberger is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays for ultrasound and echo evaluations.